- To encourage and monitor the sustainable development and responsible management of the environment.
- To procure the delivery of lectures on social, educational, economic, environmental, and other subjects.
- Generally to encourage, foster, and develop among its members and the public, recognition of the importance of the environment in the national life.
- To maintain a non-political position.
- Attending and participating in environmental hearings, consultations and meetings where legislation, regulation, or administrative policy are developed.
One current project; the Canadian Environmental Assessment Act, is undergoing a statutary five-year review in 2000.
Some general comments.
- EFONES is a duly registered, all volunteer, non-profit, non-violent, charitable society originally incorporated in 1988.
- EFONES has no paid employees, officers, or directors.
- 100% of memberships and donations go into our bank, no one is paid a commission, salary or renumeration of any kind for raising funds.
- Tax deductions are available for donations - 1 cent to $1,000,000.